Friday, November 11, 2016

His Voice Shakes the Wilderness


It's where I want to go. Out into the wilderness and let God have His way...to shake it off of me...out of me. He may have to carry me out, but I'm comin' out. Come what may...

Isn't that what it feels like sometimes?  A wilderness in our souls. Let us remember as we travel, His joy in the wilderness is our strength. 

It reminds me of this beautiful part in Hosea 2, that is my absolute favorite.  For whatever reason, it's the easiest place for me to be intimate with God. 

Therefore, behold, I will allure her,
    and bring her into the wilderness,
    and speak tenderly to her.
And there I will give her her vineyards
    and make the 
Valley of Achor a door of hope.
And there she shall answer 
as in the days of her youth 
as at the time when she came out of the 
land of Egypt.
And in that day, declares the Lord, 
you will call me ‘My Husband,’ 
and no longer will you call me ‘My Baal.’ 
Hosea 2:14-15

God won't give up on us, friends.

The Valley Of Achor (trouble) will become the door of hope. It describes the redemption promised by God. For us!! Us!! We will walk out of the wilderness brides of hope! Brides of joy! No longer married to the world, no longer married to its security!

His very voice can shake the wilderness He uses to change us. 

So let's stop fighting it. Let's just let it come.  I'm weeping as I type this because I can feel us all withering away in different ways because life is crushing us. WE NEED TO FIGHT! We cannot go down!  I'm scared and I'm weary and I'm worn. I'm scared for you, I see your fear, I see how exhausted you are. How your soul melts away from sorrow. How your eye wastes away from grief.  



Those who have gone before us, who are in the very presence of Jesus, are screaming out to us KEEP GOING, YOU DON'T KNOW, YOU CAN'T IMAGINE WHAT'S ON THE OTHER SIDE WHEN YOU KEEP PRESSING ON AND DON'T STOP!  TRUST US!  


And I hear them. I hear them, don't you?  They know from first hand experience now. We may be throwing water on each other while we run this race but they're at the finish line with confetti and a whole ocean of water for us to jump into. A finish line where we'll never be tired or thirsty again. 

Invite God to shake your wilderness today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment