Saturday, March 4, 2017

On Christ The Solid Rock I Stand

On a really bad day, I was driving Willow to school and thinking too much when a song came on. The lyrics: 

On Christ the solid rock I stand 
No double minded shifting sands 
On Christ the rock I plant my feet 
A firm foundation for me 
On Christ the rock I place my heart 
And trust in who You say You are 
No circumstance that blows my way 
Will never move this solid place 
On Christ the solid rock I stand 
Leaving behind the fear of man 
With Christ the truth I will agree 
Forsaking lies that come for me 
On Christ the rock I lay my dreams 
Come with Your fire consuming me 
With Christ the rock I make my plans 
Partner with Your purposes




I had this image of me standing on a rock by the ocean while money and bills and papers with written diagnoses swirled all around me. I was stressed as I grabbed for the papers while trying not to fall off the rock. They always seemed to slip through my fingers. 

Toward the end of the song, the papers were still swirling, but I quit grasping for them--head thrown back, my arms were outstretched as I stood on a rock that never moved. The papers were irrelevant.


LISTEN TO THE SONG HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment