Wednesday, February 22, 2017

At the End of an Impossible Day

Sometimes at the end of a very hard day I forget this moment - this hard brutal moment where the feelings of the day gather and gang up on me - is not my entire life. This one moment...it's just that.  A moment. It doesn't represent ALL of my moments. 

I won't live every moment of every day 
feeling like I do at the end of an impossible day. 

In that moment I feel totally spent, maybe angry and frustrated, definitely weary. I feel like all of my tomorrows will feel like this mess of a moment and it makes me feel like I can't do it. I can't do tomorrow. 

But there's good news. 

I'll go to sleep and wake up with a new perspective, a new attitude, new mercies, hopefully some rest PLUS all that applies to my husband and each of my children. Some days will be worse, some days will be better but I know one thing: it won't always be like that one moment at the end of that one day. 



If right now you feel like you're at the end of your rope, just let go. Rest assured that you'll go to sleep, wake up and there will be a brand new rope to wrangle tomorrow. Today's nasty, unraveled mess of a rope will be replaced as you sleep. 

Have sweet sleep loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment