Saturday, February 11, 2017

Don't Edit Someone's Pain

Is there something that people say often that you don't agree with the way it's worded?  Mine is that I don't think there's such a thing as unanswered prayers, so I don't thank God for them. I think all prayers are heard and addressed but sometimes the evidence of the answer is apparent immediately and sometimes you never see it. Or, the answer is no. 



But I wouldn't say that to someone who mentions that phrase while opening up to me because it's irrelevant and would ruin the moment. I know what that phrase implies and can easily figure out how it applies to their life. I can look past the words to see the meaning.

I think sometimes we focus more on vernacular and vocabulary than the message and heart of what someone is saying. We nit pick until we aren't even discussing the original point. When we consistently do this, it makes people scared to speak at all. 

Don't edit someone's pain for them. 
We don't always have to be right anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment