Saturday, February 11, 2017

Confidence

Confidence. 

I finally do feel it although I still battle with being sensitive when people don't agree with my decisions. I know how to fight my own emotions now instead of fighting the person. I don't owe anyone an explanation and I don't have to defend myself. 

I feel that way because a few years ago I kept reading in the bible that I lack nothing in Christ. I can do anything and go against the wishes of anyone as long as I'm being obedient to His word and leading. 

It sounds kind of harsh reading it back but if I only follow God's teachings, think about what I'll be doing. Loving, serving, leaving judgement to Him, being humble, choosing to not be offended. 

I won't aggressively yell I DON'T OWE YOU AN EXPLANATION, but I don't have to defend my actions because those actions have already been defended by Jesus. I am however called to always be prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks me for a reason for the hope that is in me and I am to do it with gentleness and respect (see 1 Peter 3:15). That is how I will prepare, but I can't get too bogged down in other people's opinions of what I'm doing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment