Wednesday, February 22, 2017

For The People



I'm not a person who easily identifies with labels. Political parties, denominations, anything like that. It's not out of pride or stubbornness. I'm not shouting, "look at me, labels can't hold me down, I am much more open minded than you sheep-ple!!" 

It's just hard for me. Maybe a flaw. It's probably more from my mind being a super complicated place than the actual things being complicated. I never battle it out publicly because then that becomes a source of pride for me and blah blah blah. I never want a stance to be become more important than people. Maybe that's even why I would never want to say "I am this or that." 

I feel like I'm just Courtney, child of God, fighter for justice, girl who gets it wrong a lot, learns and then changes her mind when it's needed. Courtney who seems to think differently because she sees details and little things that others can't see. And it's maddening. It's not easy. It makes it easy for me to not stand for anything and I have to fight that constantly. Every single day, multiple times I have to stop and pray, 

"God, please, please give me wisdom here. 
I need Your spirit to tell me whether
-in the light of eternity-
this is important to say/push for/publicly fight for 
and if not SHUT ME UP." 

The crazy thing is, the answer will be different for me than for you. In the same conversation, God's will may be to shut ME up and open up YOUR mouth. There is no right answer that works every time and man that keeps us running back to Him, right?

I was thinking today though that those very lines that tell us what is what (that can be useful), can also divide us into little private parties of pride that falsely give us the right to "down" what's on the other side of that line. And because there are so many lines now, we've taken them and made circles around ourselves that cut us off from everyone else. Slowly, before we even realize what's happening, we all turn in and face the middle with our backs to the world. 

BUT GOD can use the very thing that we use for division to display his glory. To say to the world:

While it makes NO WORLDLY sense for a democrat and a republican or a Baptist and a Pentecostal or a mega church and a small church to come together happily in My name, I AM going to show you that the impossibility of unity is diversity IS POSSIBLE. And the result of that supernatural occurrence is beautiful and points only to Me.

He is going to take all of the hands hesitantly outstretched from all of those little circles and He will JOIN them together for one purpose. A new group will form from so many, many groups and it will be called: 

For The People 

It will be even more beautiful because we've come from so many different places and backgrounds AND STILL we lock arms and say BUT WE WILL FIGHT FOR YOU. TOGETHER. 

I will fight for this relentlessly. 


No comments:

Post a Comment