Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Quick and Slow: Traits of a Good Friend


I have a friend who has spoken wisdom into my life and loved me completely for a lot of years. Do you want to know what I love most about her (and the things I most want to be)? 

She is: 
Quick to listen 
Slow to speak 
Slow to become angry

I've noticed and appreciated it for a long time, I just didn't realize that she was BEING what the Word of God tells us to BE. When I tell her something (even if it's shocking) her response is always a soft "ok" as she gathers her thoughts. She wants to hear the facts and the emotions first. She doesn't just fill the space to hear herself speak or with empty advice. 

If something happens that is prone to make her angry, she builds up to that slowly and if she thinks she has misspoken, she takes it back quickly. 

It's the most soothing thing in the whole world and creates the safest place for one to be vulnerable. It's what a friend should be. 

The most perfect trait in a pastor's wife too, in my opinion. 


No comments:

Post a Comment