Saturday, February 11, 2017

Grief and the Grand Canyon: For Those Whose Loss is New

I wish I could be there with you as you grieve. I know my presence wouldn't make things easier because it's the absence of a life that hurts, but I would let you mourn as hard as you could and I would just be near. 

It's like you spent your whole life digging so deep into love that it created a deep place in the earth like the Grand Canyon. So BIG and glorious and amazing that people traveled from all over just to look at it. 

But now you're falling into it.  

That same deep place that you dug into with all of your might is now your undoing. I know that even if you knew what was coming, you still would have dug into that love with all of your might.  
Now you have to fall into it.  

This may be normal but that doesn't matter. It hurts. And I'm hurting for/with you. 

Don't turn away from people; don't fall forever. Ok? 

No comments:

Post a Comment