Friday, February 17, 2017

Go Back To What You Know

I wrote this out on the day that we added five more food allergies to Asher's already long list.  I got the phone call as I was parking to go into the doctor’s appointment where I was inquiring about videos of Asher shaking at night (that ended up being epilepsy).

During that appointment, I was texting back and forth with his school about a project coming up that he ended up needing to miss to be safe because it included a food allergen. 

I had all three kids at that doctor’s visit. All. Three. Kids. In. A. Little. Room. Talking. About. Intense. Things. 

That night, I was due to speak on marriage to a group of women and I was nervous about it.  

I was just feeling overwhelmed that day.

  

I’m not listing these things out to complain (God and Isaac know I do that PLENTY and it’s ok to have a release every now and then). I’m telling you because while sometimes I get aggravated and my soul cries out, “Why is nothing ever easy with Asher’s health? Not for OUR sake, but for his!” my God lets me scream and rant while He soothes my soul. It can be both ways. 

When things are so overwhelming that I can’t see clearly, I stop and go back to what I know.  




Here are some things that I know for sure: 

Flesh and hearts and immune systems and brain waves and eyes and emotions and lungs may fail, but God is the strength of Asher’s heart and his portion forever.(See Psalm 73:26)

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8-9

It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.” Deuteronomy 31:8 

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Cor 12:9 


While I know that The Hutchinsons can withstand ANY DARN THING, I ask you to pray with me that it’s just not one more thing in our lives. I know my God goes before me, I know He is the lifter of my head, I know He shouts/sings over me with songs of deliverance, I know HIS POWER is perfected in MY WEAKNESS. I know. Really. And blessedly, I can FEEL it. Because I know those things, I know that He can heal Asher and I know that He can hold us up and heal our hearts in the middle of any battle. Even if we fight that battle our whole lives.  It’s cool that we can fully believe in divine healing while saying “we will go for You, no matter what that looks like. Above all else, let Your name be glorified in our lives.”

So, consistently pray with us? We’re ok, really! We’re ok AND we need you to cry out to God on Asher’s behalf. I'm going to stop thinking about it so much for awhile and not get immersed in research. Too much research makes me worry and it can be hard to find a balance.

How does me worrying accomplish anything? It doesn't, so I need to guard my mind and my heart. Worry is a thief of time and I've got three kids y'all. Ain't nobody got TIME to spare for that. Let us pray instead.





No comments:

Post a Comment