Monday, February 20, 2017

Saying "Pitas" With A Cold...


Right after school one day, I decided to go to Kroger which is ALWAYS a great idea. I had a cold, 3 kids, and handful of anaphylactic food allergies with peanuts at seemingly every turn. Needless to say...I was moody and on edge.  

Asher was sitting on a watermelon in the cart 
saying he was laying an egg. 
Willow was blowing raspberries in a gross way 
and spit was everywhere. 
Zoe was dancing and twirling and almost 
running into people right and left. 

Zoe: Mahhhhhmmm, what are we having for dinner?

Me: Pitas. 

Zoe: {twirling} What? 

Me: Pitas. 

Zoe: {La La La}...wait, what are we having again? 

Me: PEEEE. TUHHHHS. Zoe. Zoe, did you hear me? 

Zoe:  {Grabs a can of soup, inspects it, twirls} What?

{here is where we had wandered into a crowd and I didn't realize it}

Me: {very, VERY loudly} PEEEEEEEEDDDDUUUHHHHS

Except, from the shocked looks of all of those around me and from the sound of Asher's giggles, I concluded that it sounded like I said something else...because of my stuffed up nose.  Hold your nose and say "pitas," I dare you.

How does the story end?  They were out of pita bread AFTER I got EVERYTHING to go IN them. 

#pullsouthair #givesup #cheetosfordinner

No comments:

Post a Comment