Tuesday, February 21, 2017

The Safe Asterisk of Deep Friendship

The most beautiful thing about having a close relationship with someone is knowing that at times, you just need to let your feelings explode out of you and that person can withstand the explosion. It's not safe to do that with everyone.  But those few people...it's like they come with a little asterisk above their heads that says: 


Safe tells you, I'm giving you full immunity in your speech. I understand who you are, what you "mean," and I also understand that if you don't get it out you're gonna lose your mind.  Hit me with it all; hold nothing back. I can filter your words to get to your heart.  I can take what you mean and throw the rest out for good. There's no room for judgement when we all have messy and dark places. 

God gave us each other 
which means He gives us the strength 
to hold one another up 
without bringing either of us down. 



No comments:

Post a Comment